Pack up your tents, kids and animals and head to Giles County, Virginia for some camping along the New River. We have primitive camping, RV campgrounds, and even Glamping available.
Whitt Riverbend Park
Whitt-Riverbend Park features 28 acres on the New River. The park is open to the general public for fishing, taking leisurely walks on the paved walking trail or river bottom trail, picnicking, canoeing and camping. The park features nearly a mile of river frontage. The park is located at the junction of Walkers Creek and the New River.
- ADA Accessible
- No Electricity and no running water
- Paved and natural walking trails
- Picnic shelter for rent
- Picnic tables
- Primitive camping
Eggleston Springs Campground
Eggleston Springs Campground is a great place for fishing, camping, and family fun! A family oriented campground serving the Virginia Tech area. One cabin and campsites that span from primitive sites up to 30 and 50 amp RV sites.
- Bath House: A bath house is available for free to all overnight camping guests.
- Boat Launch: A boat launch is available for all paying customers. Bring your boat, whether you want to take advantage of our great fishing, or just have some fun on the water, we make it easy for you.
- Pets: Guests are welcome to bring their pets! Just be sure to keep them on a leash, so they don’t disturb our other campers.
- Eggleston Springs offers some of the best fishing in Virginia! Bring your tackle and see for yourself!
Glen Lyn Campground
Beautifully situated on the Virginia/West Virginia line overlooking the New River and Blue Ridge Mountains in Giles County, Virginia
Full R.V. hook-ups. Bath house, pavilion along the banks of the beautiful New River. Easy access to Hwy. 460 and conveniently located on the West Virginia state line.
540.726.7075 – Call for information on space rent.
Open May 1 – Oct 1
Camp Success is located on State Route 68 (Princeton Lane) at the confluence of Wolf Creek and New River. This primitive campground is eight acres of land that offers many camping sites, bank fishing, and a boat ramp.
It boasts approximately a quarter of a mile of frontage along New River and 500 feet along Wolf Creek. Small Mouth Bass are predominate as the major sports fish caught along the shore. Because Camp Success is a primitive campground, only tent camping is allowed. All campers are required to obtain a permit at the Narrows Town Office prior to their stay at the campground.
New River Junction Campground
A small, family oriented campground located right on the New River. Reservations are required. Open May 1 to September 30
Camping amenities include:
- Free Wi-Fi Access throughout the campground
- Picnic tables
- In-ground fire pits
- Dump station
- Hot showers and restrooms
- Open-air pavilion with a deck overlooking the river, horseshoe pit, basketball goal, ping-pong table, and video games
- RV sites with water and electrical service *
- Tent sites with electrical service *
(540) 235-2777 email@example.com
Kairos is 1515 acres of beautiful Appalachian Mountain wilderness nestled against the New River. At Kairos we want you to experience nature and the outdoors your way.
In addition to 50 RV sites with full hookups, we offer secluded Wilderness Campsites and Primitive Campsites located near the main campground, with easy access to bathhouses and the recreation house.
Kairos boasts over 40 miles of mountain trails where our guests can enjoy hiking, mountain bike riding, horseback riding or guided motorcycle trips. But, the fun doesn’t stop there. We have river activities, primitive tent or RV camping. Yurts are also being built for those wanting something more interesting to stay in.
(540) 922-0091 Water hookups, electricity, and dump station for primitive and seasonal camping. River Road, Pembroke
(540) 726-7840 – Water and bathroom facilities, electric, RV hookups. U.S. 460, Narrows.
White Rocks Campground
(540) 552-4641 – Primitive. Bathroom facilities, water and dump station. U.S. 460 to County 635 to County 613. West of Pembroke.
Gentry’s Landing Campground
(540) 922-2937 – 1770 Virginia Ave, Rich Creek, Virginia 24147. RV sites, pull-through sites, private boat landing on New River. Easy access along Route 460, close to town and conveniences.